Sunday, August 2, 2009

Camping '09

Chloe floating in our creek.

Derek heading back to camp.

Ethan's masterpiece.




Derek and Ethan the firekeepers and cookers.






A couple of weeks ago, I took my kids on our 3rd annual camping trip to the city owned campsite up the canyon. It takes us 15 minutes from our house to our campsite, it's as close to teleporting as you can get on this planet, without camping in your own back yard. It is so wonderful to be out in nature.There is no cell phone coverage, no tv or video games or internet. It was a true escape without having to worry about the transportation. The kids really wanted to bring friends but couldn't find any who could go. Once we got there they enjoyed playing with each other. The boys were my little fire keeper. They helped me cook too and Chloe helped set up the beds in the tent and set the table for meals. The first night we camped at a site inches from the creek. This made the kids a little nervous so the next night we carried our tent across the way to sleep up on the shady hill side. It was rockier but I was more tired. We did crafts. Ethan made a beautiful landscape with watercolors and nature, he used pebbles, dirt and elephant grass. I brought a plaster paris craft kit so they could make their own dinosaurs and they loved it. To cool off we waded in the creek and had lots of fun sliding dow the tiny dam. They also have great group campsites here, I hope next summer we can put together a Family Reunion here.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a good spot. Are there any fish in that creek?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan Stacy. I would love to go camping up there.Love you!

    ReplyDelete